Diane G. Henderson, owner of Star Marketing, Inc has an extensive background and over 25 years in Insurance and Employee Benefit consulting and sales.
She began her career with Willis-Corroon as Human Resource Manager and later moved into sales. She has worked with local and national clients to review and assist them in making decisions on their employee benefit plans that include group health, life disability, and retirement. In 1987 she left Willis-Corroon to start her own consulting firm, Brokerage Concepts, Inc and in 1993 she sold her interest in the company and went to work with Humana, one of the nations leading managed care companies.
- B.S. Degree in Social Sciences from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama.
- American Institute of Banking Certification and Registered Health Underwriter Designation.
Her professional experience continued after leaving Humana where she accepted the position of Vice-President with Palomar Benefits Consultants. While at Palomar her clients continued to depend on her advice in helping them choose the most cost-effective plans. She also provided administrative consulting services to small business owners, helping them set up their operations including staffing and policies and procedures.
In 2000 Diane accepted the position of Director of Development with American Behavioral.
- Health Underwriters Association, member and past board member
- Shelby Humane Society, past board member
- St. Peters Catholic Church, various groups and committees
- Stratford Homeowners Association, past board member
- GLG Consulting Group
In 2002 she started a new Insurance Agency, Star Marketing Inc. Her company continues to provide Employee Benefit Consulting and A new division was opened called, My Personal Assistant, providing Executive Assistant services for small and large companies, which has been featured in local publications.
Memberships and Organizations: Health Underwriters Association, member and past board member; Shelby Humane Society, past board member. St. Peters Catholic Church, various groups and committees; Stratford Homeowners Association, past board member.
- Leading Producer Roundtable
- Golden Eagle award for outstanding sales achievement
- Gordon Hancock Award for high integrity and professionalism in health insurance.
- John Galloway Award for outstanding service in the health and disability industries